RSS Feed

About...

Hi there! Welcome to Brady & Christen’s blog about living life, loving God, & growing our family through adoption. We're excited to share what God is doing as we embark on the next phase of life & we are glad you're following along!


Manny is My Hero

(Brady) The internet has been down in most of Accra for the last two days because of heavy rain. We will continue to write when we can. We still can’t post pictures publically. The court date was moved to Friday, so we will post some after that. If you just can’t wait to see pics email me and I’ll send you some. We are already learning so much from Manny. We’ve known him a little more than 48 hours, and he’s already my new hero. Jesus is still my idol, but Manny is my hero. He is so brave and he is handling this adjustment so well. Think about the world this kid has been thrust into – he left the only environment he knows to live with a couple white people that don’t speak his language and live in a far-away land (by the way, he is pretty excited about America – he keeps talking about buying things in America!)

Overall things are going GREAT! Manny is still so nice and generous to everyone! A couple nights ago several children from the orphanage came to the hotel to play. Manny tried to give away all our stuff to them! He is very obedient and joyful and plays very well with all the other children. I can’t over how well behaved all the kids are. I swear I wouldn’t be afraid to adopt 5 or 10 of these kids!

We are all bonding really quickly. He hugs us regularly and looks to us for help and affirmation. I have to brag on Christen – she is amazing! I’m not sure she slept more than 2 hours in a row since we have been here. She keeps waking up to check on him, and she is so attentive to his needs. We are all having a blast!

Two nights ago, Manny got very sick. He had diarrhea several times in the middle of the night and threw up on the floor! Although it wasn’t fun to clean at the time, I later realized what an honor it was… for the first time in his life, Manny was sick for the right reason – he had too much to eat!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment