RSS Feed

About...

Hi there! Welcome to Brady & Christen’s blog about living life, loving God, & growing our family through adoption. We're excited to share what God is doing as we embark on the next phase of life & we are glad you're following along!


Just Another Day

(Brady) Sorry for the delay in between posts... there hasn't been much to report lately. We are filling our days with learning the alphabet, basic math, and playing outside. So far, so good. Manny is beginning to catch on, and he can recognize most of the letters now. I am amazed at the lack of literacy among school aged children in Ghana.

Manny is a funny little guy. He has a few phrases that are very humrous. He never says "I need to go to the bathroom", it's always "Daddy I urinate now". If he gets anything on his clothes, he says "oh Daddy, my dress!". Things don't get "messed up", they get "spolied". All "snacks" are "biscuits". It's never "I am through with this task", it's always "Daddy, it is finished", or my personal favorite "I have done it!" for all remedial tasks.

On a different note, we have been explaining the gospel to Manny, and he is very intrigued with the resurrection. He will say "look daddy, I am dead... now I am alive. I am like Jesus". He knows a variety of songs about Jesus, but didn't really know any of the story. It's been really fun explaining it to him!

We are suppose to file the paperwork to extend our visas today, and it doesn't sound like it should be much of a problem. We shall see.


A Few Photos:



Daddy & Manny after court


Mommy and Manny after court

Brady with Godfred and Joseph

Christen with Phillip

The kids excited about their new/first table & chairs for the home

0 comments:

Post a Comment