RSS Feed

About...

Hi there! Welcome to Brady & Christen’s blog about living life, loving God, & growing our family through adoption. We're excited to share what God is doing as we embark on the next phase of life & we are glad you're following along!


Cabin Fever

(Brady) We officially been here 3 weeks now, and we are beginning to get a cabin fever. We have not left the hotel very much. It is generally hot and humid, or raining, and there isn't much to do outside anyway. I am sad. I tried to make homemade chocolate chip cookies and burned them to a crisp. They were like little black hockey pucks. I miss America. Specifically, I miss Spicy Pickle. They have the best chocolate chip cookies, and their Yardbird sandwich on white ciabatta bread... MMMMM! And Captain Al's in Gulfport... I miss them too! Their steak is delicious. Heck, I even miss Pizza Inn's desert pizza. We are homesick.... oh yeah, we miss our friends and family too. Especially those friends and family members that cook for us on occasion (Love you Mary Palmer!)

On a happier note, we got Manny's passport in, so that's good step. Also, we did our part to get the visa extension, but have yet to hear anything back. We are told that the process is still moving quickly. In the words of our facilitator "Oh, yes, all is fine. Is going fast. Yes. You know things sometime ... yes...fast and you now sometime, this time fast. You see?"... yeah, exactly! So based on that, it sounds like things are moving right along.

I can't thank you all enough for sharing in our journey, encouraging and praying for us along the way. I am reminded of Paul and the support he received (both spiritually and financially) from the Philippian church. Paul also teaches us a valuable lesson about being content in every situation- including when you are homesick and have cabin fever. I pray that I take this wise word to heart and that God may be glorified in this process.

"Not that I am speaking of being in need,for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content." Philippians 4:11

Our Home away from Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment