RSS Feed

About...

Hi there! Welcome to Brady & Christen’s blog about living life, loving God, & growing our family through adoption. We're excited to share what God is doing as we embark on the next phase of life & we are glad you're following along!


The Call to Adopt

What brings us to adoption? The answers can vary greatly: for some it’s humanitarian desires, for others it may be infertility, or even fulfilling a lifelong goal. Of the 15+ families we’ve met throughout both our adoption of Béni and Manny, more often than not the common thread that ties us altogether is God. God has a heart for orphans; therefore as followers of him, we have a heart for orphans. Our basis for adoption starts with this.


Adoption had been a topic of conversation in our marriage from the beginning. I (Brady) have two brothers that my father adopted domestically before I was born. However, our decision to adopt didn’t really come into fruition until we began to deepen our walk with Christ and understand the biblical implications of adoption.

God used our pastor at Temple Baptist Church, Tony Merida, and our neighbors Adam and Jill Hodge to teach us about our own adoption in Christ. It was only through them that we began to see the parallels of earthly adoption and the adoption that we receive in Christ.

The decision to adopt was placed on my heart by Christ. I didn’t wake up one day and decide say “Honey, you know what’s missing in my life? We need an African kid who doesn’t know the alphabet, eats all our food, costs us money, and doesn’t speak English.” No. I didn’t say that. But I love Christ; and I see his calling on my life. When I stand before Christ at the end of my days, my biggest regret will be that I didn’t do more for Him; that I was selfish. My biggest regret will be that I didn’t pour into the lives of more people.

I realize that not all families are called to adopt. Not all Christians are called to preach, or teach or be missionaries or whatever. However, it is my desire and our sincere prayer that God will use us to influence others the same way he used others to influence us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment